There are so many coaches and therapists out there, with varying qualifications and experience. Finding the right one can be a daunting experience. This section aims to tell you more about me as a life coach to help you in that process.
I am Samantha Bennett Life Coach and Psychological Therapist. Having a healthy work/life balance is most important to me. When I am not coaching, I enjoy quality time with my two beautiful sons and supportive husband.
My story so far:
- Undergraduate Honours degree in Psychology from the University of Glasgow in 2005.
- Postgraduate Masters degree in Psychological Therapy from the University of Dundee in 2007.
- Qualified as a Psychological Therapist in 2008.
- Membership to the Association of Coaching 2017
Working as a Psychological Therapist
I worked in Adult Clinical Psychology for NHS Tayside, Scotland from 2008 until 2011. During this time I helped hundreds of clients overcome a range of mild to moderate mental health problems. My primary training is in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). Over the years I have taken a keen interest in Positive Psychology, Mindfulness and Compassionate Mind Therapy. I have completed courses in all three.
Combining Psychological Therapy and Life Coaching
It has been an exciting journey continuing my professional development into coaching. In 2011 I left my secure permanent position in the NHS, as a Psychological Therapist, in pursuit of my love of travel and sports. After helping so many others to listen to their needs, I had to listen to my need to experience other cultures. I developed personally and professionally beyond my hopes.
I returned to the U.K in 2014 and I worked in senior positions for two successful businesses in Edinburgh whilst pursuing my career in coaching. I learnt vital skills in business management which assist me as a Coach. I discovered how to be successful in work, whilst being happy and healthy. Coaching has helped me realise what is important to me, how to create clear goals and live focussed on them. I founded Be Brilliant Life Coaching in 2017 and it is growing strength to strength year on year.
Continual professional development (CPD) and developing training is very important to me. In January 2018, I joined a thriving private psychology practice in Edinburgh, Craigie Partnership. I am part of two supervision groups within the practice. I am pleased to run my own business whilst also working as part of a team of Psychologists.
Why choose me as your Life Coach and Psychological Therapist?
- You will be in the safe hands of an experienced Life Coach and Psychological Therapist.
- I don’t believe coaching should break the bank. My rates are cheaper than most other life coaches and Psychological Therapists in Edinburgh
- You will be in a friendly, non-judgemental and professional environment. Online sessions via Skype or telephone sessions means you can attend session from where you are.
- In person sessions take place in a comfortable and private therapy space in Leith Edinburgh. Alternatively I can arrange to come to you. (Not currently an option with the current physical distancing restrictions in place)
- Sessions use effective evidenced-based coaching techniques based on sound psychological principles. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Coaching, Mindfulness and Positive Psychology Coaching.
- I am a full member of the Association for Coaching and adhere to their Code of Ethics. I continue to attending further training and supervision.
I am available for evening and weekend coaching.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or enquires to my availability.
For more information click Services and Pricing.