There are so many coaches out there, with varying qualifications and experience. Finding the right one can be a daunting experience. This section aims to tell you more about me as a life coach to help you in that process.
I am Samantha Bennett Life Coach and Psychologist. Having a healthy work/life balance is most important to me. When I am not coaching, I enjoy quality time with my two beautiful sons and supportive husband. We live active and brilliant lives in Edinburgh.
My story so far:
- Undergraduate Honours degree in Psychology from the University of Glasgow in 2005.
- Postgraduate Masters degree in Psychological Therapy from the University of Dundee in 2007.
- Qualified as a Psychologist in 2008.
Working as a Psychologist
I worked in Adult Clinical Psychology for NHS Tayside, Scotland from 2008 until 2011. During this time I helped hundreds of clients overcome a range of mild to moderate mental health problems. My primary training is in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). Over the years I have taken a keen interest in Positive Psychology, Mindfulness and Compassionate Mind Therapy. I have completed courses in all three.
Becoming a Life Coach
The transition from Psychologist to Life Coach has been a natural and exciting journey. Having helped hundreds of people realise their inner needs, I had to listen to my own. I wasn’t content working long hours and commuting for three hours a day. I had little time for the things I loved. In 2011 I quit my secure permanent position as a Psychologist. I went in pursuit of my love of travel, adventure and sports. My travels took me to Europe, Africa and North America. I developed personally and professionally far beyond my hopes.
I returned to the U.K in 2014 to put down my roots and develop my career. I worked in senior positions for two successful companies in Edinburgh whilst pursuing my career as a Life Coach. I learnt vital skills in business management which assist me as a life coach. I discovered how to be successful at work and how to be happy and healthy. By becoming a life coach I realised what is important to me. I created clear goals and live focussed on them.
Why choose me as your life coach?
- You will be in the safe hands of an experienced Life Coach and Psychologist.
- I don’t believe coaching should break the bank. My rates are cheaper than most other life coaches in Edinburgh
- You will be in a friendly, non-judgemental and professional environment. Sessions take place in a comfortable and private therapy space in Leith Edinburgh. Alternatively I can arrange to come to you.
- Sessions use effective evidenced-based coaching techniques based on sound psychological principles. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Coaching, Mindfulness and Positive Psychology Coaching.
- I am a full member of the Association for Coaching and adhere to their Code of Ethics. I continue to attending further training and supervision.
I am available for evening and weekend coaching.
Email email@example.com for more information or enquires to my availability.
For more information click Services and Pricing.